18-24? Thinking about starting a business, struggling to find work, or just not sure what you want to do? Let the Hello Future program help shape your future!
This online training course consists of 6 workshops, aimed at 18-24 years-olds in Tendring and Colchester who want to start their own business or learn skills to help them get a job. You may benefit from this course if you: have left education or an apprenticeship and are finding it difficult to move on, have been made redundant or lost your job for other reasons, are in a job which pays the bills, but you don’t feel it’s taking you forward.
We will identify your strengths and capabilities, build your confidence, support you to find the right opportunities, and prepare you to be a successful candidate in business or employment.
Entrepreneur or employee? Either way, finding your ideal role can be a daunting process. This training is delivered by real people; business owners and employees, sharing real experiences, tips, hints, and resources to support you taking your next step to successful entrepreneurship or employment.
The full course will:
- Help you understand the differences and commonalities between running your own business and employment.
- Work through some exercises to identify the best route for you at this point in your life.
- Give you tools and strategies to prepare you for your next steps.
- Give you the opportunity to try out your networking skills in a safe environment with a group of people making similar decisions.
Who is it for?
You don’t need to have any prior knowledge or experience for this online training programme. A workbook will be provided to all participants outlining course expectations, content, focus and pre-course activity/preparation.
Your commitment will be to:
- Attend six training sessions and a one-to-one advisor session.
- Interact with your co-participants and lead trainer.
- Be prepared to put questions to the guest speakers.
- Complete short ‘homework’ activities and use the course resources to develop your next steps.
When is it?
Email us if you would like to join the mailing list to be the first to hear as soon as dates have been confirmed.
If you would like Colbea to deliver this course to your organisation or educational establishment, please let us know and we will see if we can help.
We’ve helped thousands of new businesses get started and develop. Will you be our next success story? If you would like any further information or have any questions, please contact us on 01206 548833 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Frin’s experience in the creative sector is broad, covering self-employment, short term contracts and longer term employed positions within larger creative businesses.
Frin’s experience spans – project management, commercial print services, public arts funding and facilitation, textile arts and manufacturing, interior design, learning environments, mentoring, professional arts practice.